Pre-Reading Activities: Click on the Description to Load the Activity
1. Teenage Sentencing Opinion Writing
2. Jury Duty True or False Quiz
3.Jury Duty Video
4. Jury Duty Group Activity
5. Read the Attached Two Articles and Answer the questions below.
New York Times Upfront: Ten Supreme Court Cases Every Teen Should Know - Part 1. Click here.
New York Times Upfront: Ten Supreme Court Cases Every Teen Should Know - Part 2. Click here.
Answer the following questions on loose leaf or type.
1. Which cases were you the most surprised to learn about?
2. Which cases did you most agree with with the ruling? Why? Use direct examples to support your answer.
3. Which cases did you most disagree with the ruling? Why? Use direct examples to support your answer.
Twelve Angry Men by Reginald Rose
Click Here to Access the Full Text ONLINE.
Your Assignment: As we read the text, you will be responsible for completing the assigned questions. Each set of questions will serve as a quiz grade for the reading. If you are absent, please continue your reading and complete the questions.